[GeoStL] Re: Garmin Oregon 450

  • From: Patricia Hutchison <patriciahutchison@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 16:50:30 -0600

I just bought the birds-eye view download from Garmin.  Now I have to get the
BaseCamp downloaded and opened to use it!  I understand that this map I've
bought is a subscription for a year.  It was unclear whether I HAVE to purchase
the new one in a year or if I can continue to use what I've downloaded today
and just not go with updates...? Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 13:03:39 -0800
From: tom_wolpert@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [GeoStL] Re: Garmin Oregon 450
To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

No perhaps about it.  Sorry, I develop and sell software for a living. Theft of
this kind of stuff (admittedly not this particular product) threatens my
livelihood...

Yeah, I think their prices are high.  My take is that if you don't like the
price, don't buy it.  But don't steal it either :)

Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 11:53:20 -0800
From: mrogers07@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Route-capable street maps from Garmin are way overpriced. I hear there's a
better place to get them...*whistles*

http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/8177225/Garmin_City_Navigator_North_America_NT_2013.40_UNLOCKED