[GeoStL] Re: Garmin Oregon 450

  • From: Jason Collier <jcollier@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2013 13:21:16 -0600

-
Although I don't remember the link, you can try Myotis' maps that are free. I believe he's got a topo as well as maps of most of the trails in MO and IL. Someone here will remember the link. He also puts a link in all of his logs so you could check any of those for the link.

Jason Collier
314-623-0263

On 3/7/2013 12:54 PM, Patricia Hutchison wrote:
Yikes! I'm looking at the BaseCamp program (and of course I'm lost) but there's something about the Garmin maps, so I went to the Garmin site and the road maps are like $80 per item. Well, I guess that's fine and dandy because I really only need North America, but then when you look over at the hiking maps, they're by region and they can be over $100 a pop. So, I guess the next question is: What maps (if any) have other GO 450 users downloaded into their Garmins? What do I need and what's superfluous? I should also add that I'm heading to REI after work today to help me get this silly thing calibrated. I did everything it told me to do and it said it was calibrated, but it is still showing the wrong time, the wrong date and it says my cache (which is behind my office) is 240 miles away. Something's not quite right here....

Missouri Geocachers Calendar --->