[GeoStL] Re: Garmin Oregon 450

  • From: Patricia Hutchison <patriciahutchison@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 12:54:59 -0600

Yikes!  I'm looking at the BaseCamp program (and of course I'm lost) but
there's something about the Garmin maps, so I went to the Garmin site and the
road maps are like $80 per item.  Well, I guess that's fine and dandy because I
really only need North America, but then when you look over at the hiking maps,
they're by region and they can be over $100 a pop.  So, I guess the next
question is:  What maps (if any) have other GO 450 users downloaded into their
Garmins?  What do I need and what's superfluous?  I should also add that I'm
heading to REI after work today to help me get this silly thing calibrated.  I
did everything it told me to do and it said it was calibrated, but it is still
showing the wrong time, the wrong date and it says my cache (which is behind my
office) is 240 miles away.  Something's not quite right here....