[GeoStL] Re: Garmin Oregon 450

  • From: Tom Wolpert <tom_wolpert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 07:15:02 -0800 (PST)

No.  Unlike some other GPSrs (for example, the DeLorme PN-60), Garmin units
always load all the .gpx files on the device (up to the capacity of the unit),
merging them together into the list that you see in the UI.  The only way to
keep them separate is to only place the one query (or the subset of several
queries) that you want onto the device at any given time.

Offhand, I don't recall whether or no there is any way to manage files from the
device itself.  Last time I looked, there was not.

________________________________
From: patriciahutchison@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 08:49:35 -0600

Ok, I managed to download a PQ of my "owned" caches so I would have them on the
machine, but I then went to an individual cache page and used the on-screen
button to download a single cache to my Garmin.  Actually, I did a couple this
way because I am headed to U City tomorrow at lunchtime.  When I looked on the
GPS to see how they looked, I noticed that it just stuck all the caches
together
without differentiating which I own and the others.  Is this what's supposed to
happen ?