[GeoStL] Re: Garmin Oregon 450

  • From: Michael Rogers <mrogers07@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 06:26:22 -0800 (PST)

You automatically download both files when you pull the PQ from GC.com...what
you do with them is up to you.

-Michael

________________________________
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 06:16:56 -0800
From: mrogers07@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

You can put both on there. The straight ".gpx" file is the cache data proper.
The "wpts.gpx" file includes child waypoints, parking coordinates, etc. If you
can do without them, just load the basic ".gpx" file. If not, load both.

-Michael

________________________________
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 06:09:51 -0800
From: mrogers07@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yes...it is F:/Garmin/GPX

________________________________
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 08:00:23 -0600
From: david.dewitt63@xxxxxxxxx
To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

The way i go about doing this is, plug the usb cable to the gps and computer.
Then down load the pocket query to the gps directory {drive letter}/garmin/gps
Then unplug and have fun.
Team_state
aka. Dave & Kathy

On Mar 7, 2013 7:51 AM, "Patricia Hutchison" <patriciahutchison@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Ok, other Garmin Oregon 450 owners:  I now have my new unit and it's ready to
be set up for Geocaching.  I've done the quick start and visited the Garmin
website to register it, but now I'm not sure what I'm doing.  When I run a
query for caches on Geocaching.com, then what do I do?  I'm a bit lost and of
course the quick start guide is pretty much only helpful for putting in the
batteries and turning it on.  Help!