[GeoStL] Re: Garmin Nuvi

  • From: "Andrew Senger" <asenger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 02:22:38 -0500

-
Lobocs uses a Nuvi 300 I think (possibly 350?), and it did the same
thing the same day.  Some days we understand her frustration.

Overall, it's a great unit.  There are some things I don't like about
his, though:

1. You have to delete "favorites" one-by-one.  When we uploaded the
caches for MOGA, we had to individually take them out, instead of
taking them as a group.

2. No route planning.  I know this is in the higher-end models, but
the lowers only allow you to go to a point and then add a "stop" using
another favorite.  However, it won't allow you to set up a list of
favorites to follow.

Andrew

Andrew Senger
asenger@xxxxxxxxx
http://yawetag.110mb.com
"I can't win anything. In fact, if you look up 'loser' in the
dictionary, you'll see someone else's photo!" --Andrew Senger