[GeoStL] Re: Garmin GPSIII+ performance

  • From: Paul Konopacki <konopapw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 22:32:18 -0500

Barramus had (has) a GPSIII+.  I have a GPS III.
I can't vouch for your exact assessment, but I think
that the older Garmin models do not update and
indicate travel direction as quickly or as accurately
as the new models.

In my case, the antenna reception has gotten
so bad over time, that I can walk for 10 yards and
the numbers will not change, or I can stand still and
the position arrow will bounce around like a
superball in a racketball court.  In most cases, after
I get within 150 feet of a cache, the GPSR reading
is unreliable.

(The only present on my Xmas wishlist is a high-end
Garmin!)