[GeoStL] Re: GSAK problem

  • From: Mike Lusicic <lusicic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 15:17:11 -0500

-
I think the problem is that your default for opening HTM file types is not set to your browser. It looks like maybe Irfan hijacked it. Try this:

If you are using Firefox, go to Tool / Options on the menu line. Select Advanced in the tool bar, and select the General tab. In the System Defaults box, check the Always check to see if Firefox is the default browser on startup. Then click the Check Now button. It should give you a chance to select it as the default browser again.

If you use IE, things may be different depending on the version you have. Go to Tool then select Internet Options. Select the Programs tab. In the Default Web browser section, click on the Make default button to make it the default browser. You can also select the check box so it will warn you if it gets hijacked again.

I do see that you like the option go to to geocaching.com better. That is what I use as well. But you might want to do the above anyway just in case you ever have to display a local HTM / HTML file.

Elkie wrote:
It says " Show offline in browser" what should I change it to? For some reason it's coming up in my Irfan View picture viewer.

'Whatever You Give To Life, Life Gives You Back'

Life is way to short to take serious.