[GeoStL] Re: GSAK problem

  • From: "Bernie Ver Hey" <Happykraut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 16:53:12 -0500

Elkie, I've been using Firefox forever.  Bernie

From: Mike Lusicic <lusicic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thursday, August 27, 2009, 3:17 PM

-
I think the problem is that your default for opening HTM file types is not
set to your browser. It looks like maybe Irfan hijacked it. Try this:

If you are using Firefox, go to Tool / Options on the menu line. Select
Advanced in the tool bar, and select the General tab. In the System Defaults
box, check the Always check to see if Firefox is the default browser on
startup. Then click the Check Now button. It should give you a chance to
select it as the default browser again.

If you use IE, things may be different depending on the version you have. Go
to Tool then select Internet Options. Select the Programs tab. In the
Default Web browser section, click on the Make default button to make it the
default browser. You can also select the check box so it will warn you if it
gets hijacked again.

I do see that you like the option go to to geocaching.com better. That is
what I use as well. But you might want to do the above anyway just in case
you ever have to display a local HTM / HTML file.

Elkie wrote:
> It says " Show offline in browser" what should I change it to? For some
reason it's coming up in my Irfan View picture viewer.