[GeoStL] Re: GSAK help

  • From: "GC-RGS" <gc-rgs@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 13:16:10 -0600

Jack,

I never used cachemate or my PDA anymore since I have the NUVI that takes the
GPX file from GSAK.

But, don't you have a 60CS or CSx? If so it should be a USB connection, not
serial. There's a checkbox in GSAK for USB and the GPS. Look at GPS/Setup and
the box s/b checked if you're using a normal USB to USB. If that's not checked
it will give you the comm error. I'm using GSAK  7.2.2.23

As a last resort, you can export the GSAK file to Mapsource
(File/Export/Mapsource) and then send the WP's to your GPS from Mapsource. Then
go to GSAK and select File/Print and print out the pages in Condensed HTML.
This will give you the cachepage info and logs but you can get several on 1
page since all the extra cachepage stuff isn't there. If your eyes are good,
use fineprint and condense it to get it printed 2 up.

Rich

          From: GC-RGS <gc-rgs@xxxxxxxxxx>
          To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
          Date: Wednesday, November 5, 2008, 8:41 AM

          Jack,

          You have any more info? Is the GPS USB and the PDA serial or are they
both the same? Does the send/export process finish but indicate 0 records or
does it show WP's were loaded?