[GeoStL] Re: GPX vs LOC

  • From: "Bruce S" <bruces1321@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2003 00:42:01 -0600

-

Mike,
You probably need to download a newer version of expertgps. Older versions do not handle gpx files very well. If you open the gpx file with a text editor or excel you will see it has all the caches.

Bruce

From: "Mike Griffin" <griff@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [GeoStL] GPX vs LOC
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2003 21:04:59 -0600

When I download a GPX file with the following criteria, I get a handful of caches in expertGPS. However, when I download using .LOC file, I get 5 times as many. Both have the same criteria, Traditional that I haven't found from zip code 63304 for 150 miles for a maximum of 500 caches.

GPX file shows a total of 53 caches
LOC file shows a total of... well lets just say I quit counting at 240.

Any ideas what could be happening?

Mike

"Insert useless tagline here"