[GeoStL] Re: GPS for car

  • From: Andrew Senger <asenger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 20:36:20 -0600

-
Jen,

We recently purchased a nuvi 780, and love it. I don't use it to
actually find caches, but I use GSAK to upload parking coords for
caches.

The thing I like the most is that I can tell it which waypoints I want
to visit and the nuvi will make a route based on those waypoints. I
don't have to put them in a specific order -- nuvi will do it for me.

Andrew Senger
asenger@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.yawetag.net
"In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. He's also
postmaster and probably traffic cop, too. All the jobs for sports
referees are probably filled, though." --Lemel Hebert-Williams

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 8:05 PM, Jen <2geocachers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> -
> Which is better for the car, Nuvi or Tom Tom, or ??.
> We were loaned a Nuvi for our trip to KY and loved it.  Wanting to know what
> is best for caching purposes, can you download into it, etc.
>

> Thanks
> Jen

>  Missouri Caches Scheduled to be Archived  http://tinyurl.com/87cqw
>  Missouri Geocaching land policies --> http://tinyurl.com/lgyy84