[GeoStL] Re: GPS Freakout

  • From: "John Kinder" <jkinder@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 21:06:22 -0600

This afternoon while walking along an extended straight line in a flat open
area with clear view of everything above I looked down at my trail of
breadcrumbs on the track log and saw this weird spike in the track. It looks
like I suddenly jumped a long long way, and then returned. At the time the GPSr
was tracking a truckload of satellites and the accuracy was listed as 9 ft.
with WAAS. Reviewing the track right now it looks like the tele-transport event
lasted about as long as it took me to walk 50 feet. I know the GPSr was in the
in the clear in my hand in front of me the whole time. I've personally never
seen such an anomaly before....