[GeoStL] Re: GMRS licensing?

  • From: "Brian McCormack" <kc0ovt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 14:24:14 -0500

id highly reccomend getting your gmrs liscense before operatoring on those
frequencys.  also there are a few gmrs repeaters depending on the radio you
bought if its  a bubble pack more then likely it cannot do repeater shifts
however if its commercial grade you can sign up with the repeaters and use them
get your name on the list contact Brian Chapman N9NOC  you can look him up on
www.qrz.com/callsign/n9noc shoot him a email or whatever he owns most of the
gmrs repeaters in town.  use of a gmrs repeater will extend ur 1 mile if that
range to about 30 miles across the repeaters.  a good investment if ham radio
is not of intrest to you.
-brian