[STL Geocaching] GHOSTS REPAIR DONE

  • From: Glenn Nash <GLNash@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "St. Louis Geocachers MailList" <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 12:26:29 -0500

GHOSTS 10:10am

4/12/02: Went out for a check: It is amazing how much a change of season
makes. What was once dry, may now be wet. What was once out in the open may
change to thick underbrush and impassible territory. In this case, what was
once a nice backyard 50 feet from the street is now a swamp bog resembling
something more like i remember from Everglades Swamp survival training. The
land is still walkable. The ground is soggy, an inch or two of water thru
the area,  my boots got wet but that is all. I removed the wet stuff, left
the hard stuff that wont get hurt by water, everything is in Ziplocs and the
logbook is double bagged in z'locks. I also moved the cache slightly but not
enough to change the coords and all the clues still apply. Until things dry
up a bit, take your usual swamp bog precautions and take plenty of alligator
repellent.

glenn

BTW: there is a new copy of the Jogps cache placement book in the cache.
Please leave for konopapw [:)]

Our WebPage!   //www.freelists.org/webpage/geocaching
Mail List & Archive Info.
Environmental msg. of the day, "Save the spotted Cow"