[GeoStL] Fwd: geocaching in Waynesville

  • From: Glenn <GLNash@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 20:37:42 -0600

-
Good evening all,
I have been working with this cacher on a cache in his area (Waynesville) and he would like to become more involved with caching in his area. I know Thunder Dan is in Rolla, is there anyone else down that direction? There may be a need for another local group! Anyway, here is the note Greg sent me. I suggested he sign up here and on the Ozark Mtn list and see what he could get together.

glenn
we're here to serve...

Do you know if there is a geocaching group in the St. Robert/Waynesville
area? I am on the edge of the area for the St. Louis group. To far to travel
for an occasional event. If there is let me know, I would like to become
involved in the sport/game a bit more. I have 2 children ages 11 and 9 whom
I believe would benifit from a CITO event. I would like them to feal like
they are part of a group and not on their own in the cleanup. Our
area(St.Robert/Waynesville ) only has a few caches nearby. I'm trying to
spread the word about the sport and so far have about 8 or ten people
interested. I took my dad out to find one in Point Lookout MO and now he is
hooked. He was visiting from Ky and went home and bought a GPS just like
mine. When the snow melts, I plan on putting out a few caches, I know of a
lot of state owned recreation lane in this part of the state. Any info you
could pass along would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Greg  ( HereFishyFishy )