[GeoStL] Fwd: Welcome to SLAGA

  • From: Glenn <GLNash@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 20:52:16 -0600

This just went out to many of the newer folks. If you got another one sorry and  enjoy.

6633b0d.gif

On behalf of the St. Louis Area Geocachers Association, I would like to take this opportunity to welcome you aboard and hope you enjoy the many caches in and around the St. Louis area.

We encourage you to take a moment to visit the rest of the SLAGA   website and discover many of the features that we provide. In addition to having you name listed on our website, we try to simplify you caching experience here by:

·        Compiling an up to date listing of all the recent logs in the SLAGA areawhich is easier to read thru than the worldwide listing on Geocaching.com

·        We keep tabs on our members statsand list them on the Members Statspage

·        The New and Archived caches in the area are listed for easy reference.

Just for fun, SLAGA has some FEATURED PAGES where we highlight an interesting cache and cacher, caching pictures of the month and some random, intriguing snippets of cache logs that may make you wonder which cache they are from are found here too.

Many Weather links can keep you up to date with the weather and the EVENTS CALENDER will keep you up to date on SLAGA gatherings, and functions like picnics and group hikes.

If you are hungry for some Geocaching & GPDR related Links, visit our LINKS page. There is more information that you can possibly read in one sitting!

IN ADDITION to all of this, SLAGA has an email newsgroup.   This is the heart of the SLAGA communication system and this is where most folks hang out to hear the latest buzz of whats up around town. If you have a question about anything, this is the place to be.  Ask and somebody is bound to have an answer.  If ya want to go caching with someone, ask and there is bound to another cacher just looking for a reason to go out.  I think this is one of the best benefits of being in SLAGAbut to get in on the fun you NEED TO SIGH UP FOR THE NEWSGROUP SEPERATLY from joining SLAGA.  To sign up, go to www.GeoStl.com and find the Join the SLAGA Newsgroup, type in your email address and press GO. You will be sent a confirmation note that you need to REPLY to and thats all there is to it!  You will be  online with the rest of us!

We are always looking for volunteers so if you have any talents and are interested in helping with anything, please drop us a line at  info@xxxxxxxxxx or any of the email addresses listed on the SLAGA site.

We hope you take advantage of everything here and we always look forward to seeing our members cache logs.

Take care and we'll  cache ' ya later,

Glenn & all the SLAGA Admin Team  members

GIF image

Glenn
St. Louis, Mo