[GeoStL] Fwd: Rockwoods Range caching hike

  • From: Jim Greene <jimsgreene@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Geocaching Freelist <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 May 2015 15:36:16 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Sarah Chisholm <sarah_cf30@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: May 21, 2015 at 2:11:52 PM EDT
To: Jim Greene <jimsgreene@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [GeoStL] Rockwoods Range caching hike

Jim and I are out of town heading to GWXIII or we'd love to join you.

I have a suggestion if you're going out to Here There Be Dragons: Bring a
magnet. A BIG industrial sized, very strong magnet. I hear the cache has slid
down into the crevasse and is unreachable. A long hook might come in handy as
well.

Have fun!

From: david dewitt <david.dewitt63@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: May 21, 2015 at 10:31:04 AM EDT
To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [GeoStL] Rockwoods Range caching hike

Who would like a nice walking in the park. Looking for anyone that would
like to find the caches in Rockwoods Range. There are six caches dating
back to 2003. The plan is to start at the south parking lot on Fox Creek
Road and hike our way north through all the caches. No running around in
cars to closest point. Round trip would be about 7 miles, but if we have
several cars we can drop off some at the northwest parking lot and cut off
2.4 miles of narrow road walking.

My tentative plans are to meet at Denny's in Eureka, MO at 6:30 am Saturday
5/23/2015 morning for breakfast. Then drive down to the park to walk off
breakfast.

Team_State
aka Dave and Kathy