[GeoStL] Re: Fwd: Harry Halladay

  • From: Richard Sheffold <rsheffold@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freelist <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2017 19:50:57 -0500

John,

Tell Harry and Carolyn we're glad to hear the good news and hope for a quick recovery:-)

Unfortunately, we can't make it tomorrow but we'll have plenty of Charlotte's corn and pea salad she made to last the weekend.

And if you would, sign Harry's card for us too; maybe add Trump's name too.

Rich and Charlotte

*From:* Laurie Elfrank <lwatermann@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:lwatermann@xxxxxxxxxxx>>
*Date:* September 15, 2017 at 9:21:50 AM CDT
*To:* Geocaching Newsgroup <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
*Subject:* *[GeoStL] Harry Halladay*
*Reply-To:* geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I have gotten the okay to tell everyone that my good friend, Harry Halladay Sr. (Spongy163) has just undergone emergency surgery at Missouri Baptist Hospital for cancer of the esophagus. He found out earlier this week and that it was starting to spread to his lymph nodes, so they operated on him yesterday, Sept. 14th. The doctor said Harry is doing fine, they removed all of the cancer by taking most of his esophagus and the effected lymph nodes. He is in ICU, so there are no visitors allowed except family. We will have a large "Get Well" card at the SLAGA picnic, so everyone can write Harry a note. Keep Harry in your prayers and lets pray for a speedy and full recovery.

John Elfrank