[GeoStL] Re: Fwd: [GEO] Notify: kJfishman temporarily disabled vacation station!!!! (Unavailable) (Traditional Cache)

  • From: James Shilt <webscouter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 17:32:32 -0600

-

I'm afraid that the place I would recommend wouldn't be very scout like.

Mike Tollefson wrote: - It appears that the City of Wentzville has an
ordinance on the books that does not allow anybody except the Parks
Department to place caches (although I had trouble finding it). See the log
below. Does anyone in Wentzville want to contact their alderman to alter
thispolicy or at least work with the Parks Department? At least there are
Geocaching friendly places in St. Charles County. Mike ---
noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx[1] wrote: kJfishman temporarily disabled vacation
station!!!! (Unavailable) (Traditional Cache) at 2/2/2006 Log Date: 2/2/2006
It seems we are not allowed to put Geocaches in Wentzville Parks, they must
be placed by the Parks department. I recieved the following message from the
Parks department. If you live in Wentzville let your board of Alderman know
what you think of this policy. We will relocate the cache to another area
andupdate the web page. Responce from the Parks department: KJ, As I was
reviewing the geocaching website, I found other caches that you have placed
on park property owned by the City of Wentzville. Our policy is that all
caches must be placed by Parks &Recreation staff - this was signed into
ordinance by our Board of Alderman. Please remove and disable all caches
thatyou have placed in the parks by Wednesday, March 8. On that day we will
be checking each of the locations and removing any caches that were not
placed by our department. If you have suggestions for places where we can
place caches, please send them to me at the following email address:
dottiep@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[2]

--- Links ---
   1 mailto:noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
   2 mailto:dottiep@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx