[GeoStL] Fwd: [GEO] From Wizard of Ooze (WA State Reviewer)

  • From: Susan Ring <susanmring@xxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 May 2012 08:01:02 -0500

-
Hey everybody,

This showed up in my inbox Monday.  I don't know where she gets this "mover and
shaker" idea, 'cause I could use a little help with this.

Anybody have an idea for a place?  Also, what kind of turnout to expect on
Saturday night of the holiday weekend?

Help!!!  (I've barely recovered from MOGA)   Thanks, Susan

> Hi Susan,
> I was just doing a little geo-snooping around your area to see who the local
> event people might be, and it looks like you are one of the movers and
> shakers to get events rolling!
>
> I'm a geo-reviewer from Washington state, and will be in St. Louis for a
> conference over the Memorial Day weekend.  I'm going to be free for dinner on
> Saturday night, May 26 and I thought I'd see if a pizza event or something
> like that might be a possibility so I can meet some of the local cachers,
> swap pathtags, and trade caching stories.  I'd also be game to answer
> questions about getting caches published or other reviewer stuff if anyone
> had questions for a live, in-person reviewer  :-)
>
> I could probably pick out a location for the event myself, but without the
> always helpful local knowledge I don't have a good sense of how many people
> might show up, and I'd hate to seriously over or under estimate turnout to
> the restaurant management.  I'm staying just east of St. Louis in Mascoutah,
> but I'll have my geomobile with me and can travel anywhere in the greater St.
> Louis area for an event!
>
> I'd be happy to list the event under my reviewer account, or if you'd prefer
> you could list it yourself.  If that weekend isn't convenient for you, please
> let me know.  If you aren't available on that date, it would be great if you
> could give me a suggestion or two for a pizza or burger type location that
> has room for the size of group you'd estimate might attend, and I can take it
> from there.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help with this!  I'm really looking forward to
> visiting your area, and while the conference I'm attending is the primary
> reason for my trip, I'm also looking forward to checking out some of the
> great sounding caches I've bookmarked along my 5,000 mile round trip!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Laurie
> "Wizard of Ooze"
>

> User's Profile: