[GeoStL] Re: Fw: GMRS/FRS radio recommendations?

  • From: Sara Gomer <outdoorlady79@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2005 16:49:54 -0700 (PDT)

The license is only 75or 80 dollars for 5 years for either a household or
family (don't remember what the wording was).  That's only $15-$19 per year, if
it provides you and Elaine peace of mind while she's in the car and you are
trapsing through the woods than that's a small price to pay for the comfort
factor.  I know John and I both spend more than that on much sillier stuff.

Sara

Jack Konecker <jackkonecker@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ok.  Maybe I am interested in GMRS because
of its range and have to purchase a license.

Even reading an FAQ about the difference
between GMRS and FRS, I'm not sure I've
made up my mind.

I used a CD radio during the mid 1970s
(10-4, good buddy, what's your 20?).  I
realize they operate in a similar manner
in the same frequency range.  A GMRS
raio is allowed to push more wattage than an
FRS radio, thus the license regulation.

I still have some reading to do on it.

konopapw

----- Original Message ----- From: Jack Konecker