[GeoStL] Re: Free Starbucks Coffee Nov 4

  • From: Michael Rogers <mrogers07@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 03:21:01 -0800 (PST)

I have to agree with both Stephen and Nancy...

As Stephen said, virtually all of us here are adults and do get along out in
the field quite well, so why not talk about what we like?

Sometimes the logic used to determine what is and isn't acceptable topic fodder
amazes me. For instance, we aren't supposed to speak about the current issues
of the day lest we offend someone's delicate sensibilities yet talking about
food, vehicle licensing, weddings, various things one can purchase off the
internet and even people's pets are okay...as long as we use the "NGR" or "NCR"
tags? Heck, there was recently a topic about flying flags just this past
September...that could easily be considered political, yet other political
topics are verboten?

It's simple...read a topic if it interests you...don't read it if it doesn't.

Isn't that what freedom of speech and freedom of choice is all about?

-Michael