[GeoStL] Re: Free Garmin Vistas - sorry!

  • From: "Mike Griffin" <griff@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 08:48:32 -0600

-
You know... I am still stuck in Dallas.. Hopefully I get to come home soon..
I should be out of here today.. I have been picking up a few caches while
here but it seems that everyone I hit has an entry.... "Quick Find"
"BruceS - St. Peters, MO" Theres a whole trail of em here... :-)

I got bored last night and thought I would give the group an april fools
joke.. Sorry if anyone became overly excited about this.

On another geocaching note.. I took a friend out yesterday and let him find
his first cache. We went to lunch and then afterwards I noticed that there
was a cache within .43 miles of us. An ammo box to boot! Well we got within
.32 from the cache and decided to bushwack to it.. It turned out that we had
walked almost 2.5 miles because of creeks and a lake.. He found it and I
think he is buying a GPSr today.

Bruce, I finished Chester's Challenge.. It said it was a 5 stage
multicache.. It was actually a 6 stage. I was looking for the cache at WP5
and it turned out to be another metal tag attached to the end on a fallen
limb, "HK Style", Then I was off to the final coords which was a packed ammo
box full of TBs. It was about 6 hours of time on this one cache.. Oh... How
many I could have gotten had I not wasted time on this one. It was fun..

Hope to be home soon to help Bridge w/a T break 100...

The Brawny Bear
Mike

"Insert useless tagline here"