[GeoStL] Free Float Trip

  • From: "Tim & Pam Ueltzen" <timpam2mocachers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Geocaching@Freelists. Org" <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 08:13:58 -0500

I'm looking for some volunteers to help with clean stream this Saturday. It
will be helping Shaw Nature Reserve in Gray Summit: you would be helping
keep there 3 miles of Meramec River frontage clean. This is the same area
that has permitted us to place caches on there property. I will be there and
I was hoping to have some SLAGA members show up to help also. It would be a
good way to show our appreciation for letting us cache there.

They will provide the canoes, like jackets, paddles, shuttle and
beverages/snacks at the take out. All you will have to provide is your own
drinks and lunch. I have helped them before and it usually isn't that much
work, we spend a lot of time fishing and just floating. Since the river is
so low this year we might have more trash than normal to pick up.

It sounds like they only have two or three canoes left to fill, they fill
them with staff members before they look else where for volunteers. Send me
an e-mail if you can help so I can put you on the list. Remember they only
have room for 4 to 6 people so you better respond soon. I will send the
final details to any one that's going to help.

Thank you

Tim