[GeoStL] Re: Found an archived cache...did I do the right thing?

  • From: "Hobbit Taz" <HobbitTaz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 20:12:40 -0500

I don't see a problem with your action

I would likely do exactly what you did in that situation (7 years?).

1)       Picked it up

2)       Checked Status

3)       Notified owner of what I did and why (explain that I could return
to its proper hide or to owner on request)

4)       Logged Cache

5)       If found to not be archived - noted it as Needs Maintenance until
determined from owner what they would like done.

The time frame is what I would have a question about (not in this case but
general).

How Long would the cache have to be out there (if still in good condition /
if it was in a needs maintenance condition) before it would seem appropriate
to remove?    6 months?  1 Year?  3 Years? Longer?

  _____