[GeoStL] Found an archived cache...did I do the right thing?

  • From: Michael Rogers <mrogers07@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 15:28:11 -0700 (PDT)

Hey all...

I have a question. I was out mushroom hunting with some friends at the Gans
Creek Nature Area next to Rock Bridge State Park and, while scouring the
forest,
I stumbled upon this cache:

GCE315 - "Maple Ridge"
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=af370ba0-c1c4-4ce8-a29a-3ba0f8a86401

Anyway, I checked it out and the last log in the book and online was on
10/21/03. So, I figured I had found an archived cache, so I CITO'ed the cache.
After looking the cache up, I logged my find (I did find it, even if by
accident) and asked within the log if the CO wanted it back.

So...do you think I did the right thing by taking the cache out?

-Michael