[GeoStL] Re: Form letter

  • From: Dan Henke <thunder_monk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 07:07:41 -0800 (PST)

-
Judy,

When I send in a letter to the Mark Twain National
Forest Service office here. I do not do a formal
proposal I just write them a letter letting them know
what the cache or caches are about....in other words:
1. What type of cache ...size, type, sometimes
contents
2. How it is hidden ie: covered with natural material
and NOT buried or disturbing any of the area
3. Basically where it is at by description and coords
as well as the WP # and address of geocaching.com
4. If it is the first cache for them I list the
benefits ie: CITO, increased number of eyes watching
the park for them etc.
5. If this is the first cache for them you might also
include a short description of geocaching and possibly
include some links to positive sites where cachers and
parks are cooperating ie: Crestwood, Jeff City area
etc.
6. Let them know that you are willing to help them as
an extra pair of eyes. If you have visited the park
recently let them know what is going on there. Trail
conditions, litter, vandalism etc. They do appreciate
that. And every now and then when you check the cache
let them know what you see when you go there.
7. Finally always assure them if they find the
placement unacceptable that you will be glad to remove
it or move it to a place more to their liking. I also
assure them that I will be keeping an eye on the cache
and will maintain it regularly.

Just some ideas for you and others to think about when
contacting those in charge.

Dan (Thunder)

--- GC-RGS <gc-rgs@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> -
> Mick,
>
> >The only problem are that I'm not verry gude at
> speeling.
>
> Dots wait spill chuckers err fur!

Subject field