[STL Geocaching] Follow up comments

  • From: Glenn Nash <GLNash@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 10:38:52 -0600

 February 14 by konopapw

I think it's time we prompted Ms. Feakes to give us an official statement
about how they view caches in the Mark Twain National Forest. Has anyone
contacted her since the meeting?
 February 14 by konopapw

Did she actually say if we planted another cache in Wilderness, she would
remove it? Even if we alerted her first? I was surprised that Butch still
went through with archiving the Hercules Glade and Bell Mountain caches. I
thought we got the 'go' to keep them where they were. BTW - did you ever get
your Greer Springs ammo box back?

 February 14 by GLNash

Yes, Trilobites from Rolla, has contacted her today i think, as he has been
dealing with the Greer Springs Cache for us. As far as the Forest Service is
concerned, we are good to go in the forest as long as we let her know where
the box is so they dont get the police out into the woods again. (ops, my
bad) We still need to get her to change her mind on the wilderness areas
tho. She will not change her mind unless prompted by someone higher, like
randy moore.
-----------------------------

 Nancy never directly said that she would remove the wilderness caches but
made it clear that she thought that placing the caches within the wilderness
boundries would somehow spoil the discovery of the place and she just didnt
think the wilderness should be enjoyed that way. Nancy still has the Greer
cache and it will make it's way into Trilobites possession as soon as he
gets around to getting over to that part of town to pick it up. I dont think
we let Butch know what we were doing with the Forest service so he didnt
know to hold on to them a little longer. I dont think he has gotten out to
pick them up yet. That would be alot of walking and he was still under the
weather a little. I should have been keeping him informed of the meetings.

**glenn

Our WebPage!   //www.freelists.org/webpage/geocaching
Mail List & Archive Info.
Environmental msg. of the day, "Save the spotted Cow"