[GeoStL] Flooding in St. Peters Parks

  • From: Susan Ring <susanmring@xxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2013 15:53:36 -0500

Hey there folks,

I just tried to put my kayak in the lake for the first time this year and found
out that my beloved Lakeside 370 Park is closed.  The Dardenne has  been pretty
wild and St. Peters has closed a bunch of parks as a result.  Many of our parks
are in the Dardenne floodplain or just low lying areas.  There are a ton of
caches in these parks, and also on the Dardenne Greenway, which is mostly
accessed through the parks.  Anybody who has a cache in one of the following
parks might want to disable for a while, or at least put a note on the page.

Here's the St. Peters floodwatch page:

http://www.stpetersmo.net/st-peters-missouri-flood-watch-2013.aspx

Here are the parks that are closed:

Woodlands Sports Park