[GeoSTL] Flooding

  • From: "Jim Bensman" <jbensman1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 01:24:29 -0500

I've lost 2 caches to flooding so far.  The big surprise was Watershed-the
whole place was under water.  Denali was right about Lewis & Clark.  I tried
to retrieve it today.  The flood waters stopped me about 100 feet from the
cache.  I am going to replace it behind the levee!  I hope the ones I tried
to flood proof make it as they are for sure under water now.

Island Dave, Sticker bush is in danger.  I was over there today and the
river was about 2 inches from the top of the levee, so I suspect it will be
topped tonight.  There was also a sign there saying the park was going to
close on June 2 for construction.  I think they are moving the levee.  I
would have picked up the cache, but I forgot where it was.

Our NEW WebPage!   WWW.GeoStL.com
Mail List & Archive Info.
To donate to SLAGA:
https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=GLNash%40SWBell.net&item_name=SLAGA
Environmental msg. of the day, "Save the spotted Cow"