[GeoStL] Re: Float Trip Reservations

  • From: "tklnhl & kyd" <sydstyr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 09:28:29 -0500

-
We did a raft float on Monday of this week. We went to Garrisons and I'm not sure of the name of where we put in ... BUT .. Garrisons was the only take out spot five miles later (although they claim it to be a 6 mile float)...

ANYWAY .. they claimed that many of the other places, and they mentioned Ozark Outdoors specifically, had been going mostly, only to the Meramec for the last week or so because there wasn't enough water in the two "rivers".

We did the 5 (6 bogus) miles in just about 5 hours -- including 30 minutes stopped eating ham sandwiches and trying to catch fish in a plastic bag and another hour spent on the bank under an upturned, oar-propped raft waiting out a very nice thunderstorm and trying to reassure the kid that this was an ADVENTURE.

Everytime we float the Meramec we swear we aren't going to do it again .. it's not one of the more "pretty" rivers we have, but it was the closest one with water..

Nancy

----- Original Message ----- From: "Glenn" <Glenn@xxxxxxxxxx>