[GeoStL] Re: Flavicon making

  • From: Glenn <GLNash@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 18:07:52 -0600

-
Yes, thats it!  I think the orange needs to be a little orange'ier but
at least it is visible.  I tried to shrink the big MoGeo Graphic down
but it didn't work at all.

For Amanda..   I googled "Favicon" and came up with a few sites. I
looked at this one,  http://tinyurl.com/3xoq6   and they mentioned some
icon editors.  I grabbed "Pixel Toolbox" and messed around for about 20
minutes. Saved it, changed the name to favicon.ico,  relearnt how to
send stuff to the MoGeo server and uploaded the favicon to the directory
where everything else is. The next time I loaded the thing, the little
icon was there!  Past that, I haven't a clue how it got there. I am
trying to figure out how to do it again to send one to the MoGeo forums
but I forgot my ftp passwords, server names and generally how to mess
with the forum servers. Now I have something else to relearn. :-)

As for not knowing the MoGeo site is there?? I have the link in my sig
file of most gc.com logs, most email posts. It is easy to over look. The
site needs work but it does have a pretty good "Land Use" page which
lists everything I know about what areas  need  permission.

Glenn

Dave's Handy Hiding Hints http://www.ratisher.com/geocache_hiding.htm
 >>>Add yourself to the Geocachers map at
http://www.frappr.com/missourigeocachers

Missouri Caches Scheduled to be Archived
http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.aspx?guid=95b9690b-3fae-4cfd-a82c-c27fa3ab0cee

Ssudio@xxxxxxx wrote:
> -
>

> In a message dated 12/9/2005 2:45:40 PM Central Standard Time,
> Glenn.GeocachingAdmin@xxxxxxxxx writes:
> 16x16  favicon for the Mogeo
>

> You're referring to the green MO and orange geo with skinny orange arrow,
> correct?  If so, it looks good to me-FWIW-if not, then what are you
> referring
> to?
>
> And how come I didn't even know that site existed?  How clueless am I
> really?  Sad, innit?  :P
>
> Jana
> Chosenlass

Subject field