[GeoStL] Re: Find Caches along a route - New feature

  • From: "tklnhl & kyd" <sydstyr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 11:57:20 -0500

-
We just used this for the first time  over the  weekend. It's WONDERFUL and
FAST!

You also need google earth or something to create a .kml file.

Create your route in google earth and save it as a .kml file.

Go to the create route page and upload it. Follow the steps from there.

Just like a regular pq, do not initially  check a day  for it to run but run
it on the nearest page so you can double check that you have it right
without wasting a query  run.

We set ours to pick up caches 10 miles on either side of the route.

If you  do not have google earth or a routing program there  are already
several public Branson routes. (When you create a query along a route you
have the option of making it public so others can use it)

If you  don't have google earth or a  way  to route there  are  at least two
public routes that may help you.

Go to the route  page and put in a Branson zip code 65615 and 65616.
(If you search on  the word Branson you only  get one route) and several
already  created routes should show up.

To prove that YOU CAN do it, I just created a St. Louis to Branson route and
it's already in there. You can use it  by  clicking on it and then editing
it for what you want.

Nancy