[GeoStL] Re: Find Caches along a route - New feature

  • From: Mike Lusicic <lusicic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 21:19:33 -0500

-

If you have a Garmin and MapSource, you can create your route in it, and
export it in GPX format. Then import it into Google Earth. I did read
something about MapSource in the route description on gc.com, but it didn't
stick with me, and I have not yet tried to do one, so I didn't read it a
second time so it would hit something in my head as it came in the eye
gates.

bromley@xxxxxxx[1] wrote: - I'm having the same problem between my home and
my in-laws in Gainsville Ga. The route that Google Earth selects takes me
almost 100 miles out of the way by taking me all the way to Atlanta and then
back up to Gainsville. If anyone has a way to get GE to allow me to pieces
ofmy routne along the way , I'd love to hear it. I'm stumped. Quoting "M.
Bollinger" <lazylightning3@xxxxxxxxx>[2]: - Google Earth favors using
interstate highways. It will take you way out of your way to stay on an
interstate. I like to cache using back roads. Is there a way to get Google
Earth to choose certain highways or certain directions? The best way I found
so far is to break the route up to 'force' it to use certain highways, but
I'm sure that there's an easier way. --------------------------------- Do
youYahoo!? Next-gen email? Have it all with the all-new Yahoo! Mail Beta.

--- Links ---
   1 mailto:bromley@xxxxxxx
   2 mailto:lazylightning3@xxxxxxxxx
   3 //www.freelists.org/list/geocaching