[GeoStL] Re: Favorite points!

  • From: "Jim Bensman" <junkmailno@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2010 11:04:36 -0600

-
That's easy.

Caches that show you an interesting location or are hidden in a challenging
way.

A LPC by a mural would show you an interesting location so it would be quality.
 A LPC in a Walmart parking lot would not show you an interesting location.  It
would not meet the definition.  Once you have seen one Walmart lamppost, you've
seen them all.  But a mural is a unique and interesting location.

What I would like to see (if we cannot ban lame caches) is a Numbers attribute.
 It would be defined as caches to get your numbers up that do not show you an
interesting location and are not hidden in a challenging way.

It simply amazes me with all Groundspeak keeps adding they cannot add something
to allow those of us who are fed up with and do not enjoy the lame caches to
filter them out.  There are over 50 attributes already.  If someone cannot be
bothered with taking the time to find an interesting location or hide a cache
in a challenging location, it seems reasonable to expect them to identify their
caches.  But then again when you see these numbers hounds shuffling caches to
save a few seconds and throw away series, maybe I am expecting too much.

Jim Bensman
"Nature Bats Last"

from this

 Missouri Geocachers Calendar --->