[STL Geocaching] Re: FW: New form to test.

  • From: "Dave D" <cache_finder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 10:59:35 -0500

The recent survey did not indicate a big interest in a website, so I've been looking into a web site for SLAGA on my own.

$40.00 a year sounds good to me - but what does that get us.
How much storage space?
transfer Bandwidth?
Email addresses?
Email auto-responders?
cgi extensions?
Etc.
(Bill W. - please advise.

I've also looked into dot.com names for SLAGA
slaga.com is taken
slag.com is taken

I think it needs to be something short and easy to remember.
Something that we could put on bumper stickers and someone could remember without writing it down.

One name I have come up with is

www.geostl.com
its available

Amoung the things we could include on the web site

St Louis Area Geocachers member list - names and email only
Calendar of events
Photo Album of group and individual cache hunts
Newby section - for the newbies - perhaps including an invitation to search for a cache with an experienced cacher
Links to SLAGA member cache pages
Links to other geocaching sites
Coordinates for a SLAGA only cache
We could put SLAGA info like bumper stickers - and other SLAGA info for the members to retrieve in the cache
Image library - so that cache hiders can add images to their cache page backgrounds
St. Louis statistics
A complete GPS .LOC file for the ST. Louis area members to download
Allow multiple SLAGA members to have access to site to make changes and additions
Several of the current SLAGA memebers could contribute their expertise to the web site
We could assign different areas of the page to specific members

I'm willing to reserve the site now and pay for it myself - and will then accept voluntary contributions

Say yea or ney?

From: "Christopher Schaeffer" <krzcooter@xxxxxxx>
To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [STL Geocaching] Re: FW: New form to test.
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 09:45:51 -0500

I would be willing to pay 10% Let me know. Heck, 10% is only $4. I don't
know anybody here that wouldn't be willing to pay $4 for this sport. Heck, I
paid 140 times that just for the gps, and that didn't include the maps.