[STL Geocaching] Re: FW: New form to test.

  • From: Glenn Nash <GLNash@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 20:34:15 -0500

See comments below ...gln

-----Original Message-----
From:]On Behalf Of  Island  Dave

The recent survey did not indicate a big interest in a website, so I've been
looking into a web site for SLAGA on my own.

I think it needs to be something short and easy to remember.
YEP

Something that we could put on bumper stickers and someone could remember
without writing it down.

Amoung the things we could include on the web site

St Louis Area Geocachers member list - names and email only    Cool,
Calendar of events
Photo Album of group and individual cache hunts
Newby section - for the newbies - perhaps including an invitation to search
very handy
for a cache with an experienced cacher
Links to SLAGA member cache pages
Links to other geocaching sites
Coordinates for a SLAGA only cache    Interesting idea..
We could put SLAGA info like bumper stickers - and other SLAGA info for the
members to retrieve in the cache        I was liking this also, key chains,
mugs, hats.. our own store.. with our own logo.(still in development).
Image library - so that cache hiders can add images to their cache page
backgrounds              Who uses these anyway.. :)
St. Louis statistics
A complete GPS .LOC file for the ST. Louis area members to download    Hmmm,
Allow multiple SLAGA members to have access to site to make changes and
additions   I am really liking this one, ya'll can have access now if ya
want.
Several of the current SLAGA memebers could contribute their expertise to
the web site    Most cool.  We seem to have a bunch of talented folks here,
We could assign different areas of the page to specific members

I'm willing to reserve the site now and pay for it myself - and will then
accept voluntary contributions   You get my vote and   you just keep
thinking of good ideas Dave. Your real good at it.

Say yea or ney?

Glenn,    feeling in a red and yellow mood this evening .

Our WebPage!   //www.freelists.org/webpage/geocaching
Mail List & Archive Info.
Environmental msg. of the day, "Save the spotted Cow"