[GeoStL] FW: [LittleEgyptGeocachingSociety] Jeep anyone?

  • From: "Dru C Reeves" <drur@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 06:15:44 -0500

  _____

From: Bret Hammond [mailto:bret@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, May 02, 2004 11:56 PM
To: L.E.G.S.
Subject: [LittleEgyptGeocachingSociety] Jeep anyone?

Check it out L.E.G.S. members:

http://jeep.geocaching.com

The word from Jeremy himself:

There are two programs. The first is the sweepstakes for 3 Jeeps that will
be given out this year. It's a standard drawing.

The second program is the 4,000 die-cast yellow jeep wranglers with their
own custom travel bug attached. There will be a monthly contest starting
June 1st through December 25th where a prize will be given for the best
photo, and another award for the best essay relating to these found travel
bugs.

Jeep were really psyched about promoting the activity and they wanted to
create a unique concept that would allow the largest number of geocachers to
participate. We discouraged the placement of caches due to the limited
accessibility to find them (and the "Mad Mad World" phenomenon we've seen in
the past).

We'll be distributing many of the bugs through local organizations, and
another 1,000 will be available on the web site for people to request and
have shipped to them for free. When we start taking requests, we'll have a
section on the http://jeep.geocaching.com web site.

The current goal for these bugs are just to travel around and swap stories,
but Jeep is thinking about giving some of them specific goals. If you want
to come up with any ideas, I'd love to hear about them and will pass on the
info to Jeep.

Rodale, the publishers of many outdoor magazines
******************************

I think L.E.G.S. could place a jeep or two, what do you all think?  ;-)

Bret

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=129hmbfrs/M=295196.4901138.6050264.3001176/D=groups
/S=1705126167:HM/EXP=1083646678/A=1874381/R=2/id=noscript/SIG=118tuuldn/*htt
p:/companion.yahoo.com/?.cpdl=srch>

<http://us.a1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/a/ya/yahoo_companion/302_v1_mal_lrec_01.g
if>

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=295196.4901138.6050264.3001176/D=groups/S=
:HM/A=1874381/rand=478305683>

  _____

Yahoo! Groups Links
*       To visit your group on the web, go to:

*       To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
ubscribe>

*       Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service
<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .