[GeoStL] Re: Evening dinner and caching --- Time and Date

  • From: Jack Anderson <pandyandy3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 19:17:29 -0700 (PDT)

Try Pennys BBQ House in the little plaza at Reavis Barricks and Union Roads.
Good prices and extra large portions.  Then right down the road to the "Cache
by the Loo" cache is trail parking.  You can go both ways from there for the
caches that you listed.  Go one way and come back to the car to see if you have
enough time to go the other way also.

  Just a suggestion.

Dan Henke <thunder_monk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    Sorry for the delay in getting back....If it is alright with those going I
would like to try for the following caches on Grant's Trail:

  1. Getting Tired
  2. Carondolet Branch Micro
  3. Cache by the Loo
  4. Curb Appeal
  5. The Ace of Hearts
  6. Dragon Ball Cache 2
  7. The Ace of Diamonds
  8. Solitary Walk
  9. Dragon Ball Cache 1
  10. Grants Trail Cache
  11. The Spring at Grants Trailhead

  These are the caches on Grant's Trail I have not done yet and while I realize
we will probably not get all of them there are about 5 within easy reach of
Reavis Barracks Road.

  My questions to the group are:

  Is there close by parking for any of these near Reavis Barracks RD?

  What kind of eateries are along Lemay Ferry Rd?

  How many caches do you want to try for?

  Does this sound ok to those wanting to go or would you like to try another
area?

  Some other concentrations of caches I have not done there are in these areas:

  1. Marshall Road near Valley Park (9 caches)
  2.2 caches in Laumeier and 2 caches in Emmenegger
  3. Fenton area (141/Hwy30) 8 caches
  4. A cache in Clydesdale Park and 2 caches between Gravois Road and Tesson
Ferry Road on Grant's Trail
  5. A TON of caches in Jefferson Barracks

  I will be checking my email frequently tonight and tomorrow....I will be out
of touch except by phone Monday and Tuesday

  Dan

Andrew Senger <asenger@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Any news on the caches planned?  I'm waiting on baited breath! :P

Also, other than Thunder, Lobocs, and myself, who else is planning on
attending?  Would it be feasible to set up an event page for it so others will
see it?

Andrew (yawetag)

  On 7/13/07, Dan Henke <thunder_monk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:     Being the typical
cacher I tend to eat anything that does not move :P but Wendys or something
like that would be good. There is even some good pizza places down in that area
that are fairly quick with service.

  I am at work right now but when I get home later tonight I will pull up the
caches I haven't done in the area and send a list to see if everyone agrees on
them ...I lean toward either Emmenegger or Grants Trail below I55 but am open
to all suggestions

  Dan

--
Andrew Senger