[GeoStL] Re: Evening dinner and caching

  • From: BajaClan <bajaclan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: SLAGA <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 23:36:00 -0400

Seeing Joyce's note about the NoVAGO dinner she attended in DC prompted me to add my 2¢...

Here in NoVA, we recently added two monthly events, both in inexpensive, kid friendly locales:

*Weekend breakfast buffet alternating between Saturdays and Sundays to accommodate church, kids sports and unusual work schedules. (Second weekend of the month) GC132JX http://tinyurl.com/yvy6kv
After breakfast, some folks gather for impromptu group caching.

*Wednesday dinner--4th Wednesdays  GC13GX0 http://tinyurl.com/3xbgl7
Caching before or after depending on commuting times, traffic, season/ darkness... or how long we all just sit around gabbing over dinner. ;)

We keep the same GC# so folks can easily bookmark it or add it to their watchlists. A week or so after the event, the cache page is updated with the next month's date and any change in venue.

In addition to our thrice yearly picnics, this event was recently published. GC134DQ http://tinyurl.com/ypd694

With a bit of planning (two weeks minimum notice), it's easy to host an easy, casual event. Just publish it, and they will come. Right, Joyce? ;) (BTW, it was great meeting you at the NoVAGO dinner. Seeing you were from SLAGA clinched my attendance that night.)

Amanda
BAJA Clan

Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 05:14:41 -0700 (PDT)
From: Joyce <lake_wannabees@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [GeoStL] Re: Lunch Friday (tomorrow)

I think it's a good idea. I was at a NoVA dinner last month. They make it into an event so everyone can count it if they so chose.