[GeoStL] Re: Englemann Incline

  • From: Mike Lusicic <lusicic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 10:45:49 -0500

- Well, I find the answer in the URL..... the .aspx in it means that they are using Microsoft's ASP.NET, and MS is not exactly known for their strict adherence to any kind of standard but their own. You develop an ASP.NET application, and about the only thing it is going to have the best chance of running on is going to be the latest fixed version of Internet Explorer.

I really do like the MS development environment, but the MS infrastructure that implements the code is dismal. Firefox is developed to render things that file the standards. IE is developed to render what MS products put out first, and standards are a distant second IMHO.

JimSGreene@xxxxxxx wrote:
All,
 If you look at the Englemann Incline page through Internet Explorer, it works fine. Any ideas? Firefox sure messes this up.

Jim