[GeoStL] Re: E.T. Power Trail in Nevada has been archived

  • From: "Jim Bensman" <junkmailno@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 13:38:31 -0600

Mike, while the cache guidelines indicate you are supposed to delete bogus
logs, according to multiple posts on the forums the cache owner encouraged and
approved the swapping.  I wish this would have been the reason why they shut
down the cache.  But when you see how hard it is to get a cache shut down on
posted no trespassing land, I have little hope for Groundspeak cracking down on
widespread cheating by numbers hounds.

Jim Bensman
"Nature Bats Last"

From: Gary Braman <Gary.Braman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [GeoStL] E.T. Power Trail in Nevada has been archived
To: "geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tuesday, March 1, 2011, 4:07 PM

http://coord.info/GC2551A

<image001.gif> March 1 by MissJenn
<http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=827fb4c0-9b75-4175-aa23-c69deee05b3b>
(708 found)

This cache is being archived after a request from The Nevada Department of
Transportation. The Cache Owner, Clay4&whtwolfden, has received additional
information and is responsible for physically removing the container from the
location. The same applies for all other caches in this series. Drive safely.

Several Reviewers and Lackeys have teamed up to take all the necessary steps to
archive the series and so you will see different usernames taking action on
this series of many caches.

Groundspeak thanks everyone for their cooperation.

FYI

OKRA.