[GeoStL] Downtown caches

  • From: Glenn <GLNash@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 01:54:33 -0500

-
 I tried to look to and didnt see a thing either!

I think that the VC denial wasn't so much about not being hard enough as
it is about the general lack of WOW!!! That is what most VC submissions
lack.  If someone traveled 4 hours acrous the state with a reporter to show
them what geocaching is all about and ran into most of the "look at a
plaque" or "get a date off a wall" virtual caches, I am sure that geocaching
would not be represented well. VC's are not being eliminated from GC.com but
they are being very restricted to the absolutely most spectacular things that
are around and then only in places where physical caches are not allowed
like the National Parks Service land. If ya want to see some caches hidden
where caches cant be hidden.. take a look at many of the ST caches. Most are
right in the open and ya cant see them.

 If I had to take a guess, I would think that is what happened to your
V.C's. Plus,  the approver here is a nit-wit and really needs to get out
more. Those durn  groundspeak people sit in the office all day and have no
idea what a cache is in the 1st place..

glenn