[GeoStL] Re: Does Geocaching Speed up or slow down in fall?

  • From: Eric & Dayna East <lichanura@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 06:57:16 -0500

-
As much as I hate winter, I have to say that winter caching is great. Many of
my 200+ caches
were done in winter/cooler months. I agree with Mike, ticks & chiggers coupled
with the heat
slows or deters many peoples progress.

Speaking of ticks & chiggers, Dayna & I were camping this past weekend in
Danville
Conservation Area & did the Hermann area caches. We came up with the worst case
of bites we've
EVER had. We both have well over 100 bites. The itch is beginning to subside
but not yet gone.
Any recommendations for relief? We've tried alcohol, bite back & clear
fingernail polish.
Also, these ticks (I assume they were ticks) were sooooo small. I've seen small
ticks before
but, these were almost too small to make out any identifying features. The
other odd thing
about them is that at one point, I was covered with literally 100's of these
critters; it
looked like a swarm of bees!!!

Thanks & God bless!

Eric

Mike Griffin wrote:

> -
> Dave, I too like to cache year round but my fav season has got to be Winter.
> Usually there is no one else around and I can cover more miles without the
> heat exhaustion factor. I also like the no tick or chigger factor.
>
> Mike

Subject field