[GeoStL] Re: Diabolical cache idea

  • From: "Mike Griffin" <griff@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 16:32:34 -0600

Possum Pie with fried Coon tail! Yummy!

Mike

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Greg Ponder
  To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2004 3:04 PM
  Subject: [GeoStL] Re: Diabolical cache idea

  I cain't count past my fangers and toes, but I do like pie.

  merkin <merkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    -
    I want to do another cache that requires some research up front.

    Here's my plan, and I'll do the numbers on my daughter's cache (Junior
Fries Treasure). Coordinates are N 38 47.080' W 90 36.890'.

    First, the finder should find pi. A big, full version of pi with no digits
missing. 3.14159265 and so forth. Count the 3. as 0, and count the 1 after the
decimal place as the first digit.

    For the north coordinate, take the five digits of pi starting at digit
13,587. Use these with N 38 xx.xxx'.

    For the west coordinate, take the five digits of pi starting at digit
122,621. Use these with W 90 yy.yyy'.

    Is this evil beyond evil or should I just make the reward in the cache
really, really cool?

    merkin4

Subject field