[GeoStL] Re: Delivery failed.

  • From: Glenn <GLNash@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 19:04:23 -0600

-
i dont think that is it. msn acquired hotmail long time ago. These email addresss are entered into my server correctly as ***@msn.com but as it goes thru the MSN servers the .hotmail part gets added in by them.

i dont know how it works but that seems to be what is going on.

about 6 weeks or more ago, msn started to change something and the freelists servers (and many others) are having fits with hotmail/msn.

generally, all the list owners report that the users are still getting mail (mostly) but the system (msn/hotmail) reports a delivery error anyway.

i guess i am just checking to see if folks are still getting any of the list mail.

At 06:50 PM 11/10/2002 -0600, you wrote:

-
Yep, she's right.  I think that's the problem.
zoe **** is an msn.com address.
I'll vouch for that one.

Barramus
N   38° 25.081'
W 90° 42.823'

~~~~~~~~ Glenn St. Louis, Mo

The SLAGA E-store is closed for image repairs......