[GeoStL] Re: Defend our freedom to share (or why SOPA is a bad idea)

  • From: Tom Wolpert <tom_wolpert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 11:55:45 -0800 (PST)

You will be amused (and appalled) by the replies you receive.  I have one of
each.  Senator Blunt, who is a co-sponsor of the bill in the Senate, basically
ignored my opposition.  He used the reply to tell me HIS position on the
matter,
while implying that everybody should agree with him.  Congressman Akin, who
opposes the bill in House, basically used the reply to congratulate me for
agreeing with him.  Both of them cited concerns for the exact same things
(innovation, competitiveness, etc.) in support of their opposite positions...
Double-think lives! Orwell would be appalled.

Senator McCaskill has yet to weigh in, but I expect a similarly non-responsive
reply.

Tom