[GeoStL] Re: Defend our freedom to share (or why SOPA is a bad idea)

  • From: Laura Williams <pi.arent.square@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 10:48:24 -0600

Someone on the KC Geocaching facebook group made a comment that all it
takes is one mickey mouse GIF on the geocaching website to get it shut down
should this all pass. That may not be the intention of the bill (I know
it's the aim to stop online pirating), but there's nothing written in it
that gives me confidence that this sort of thing won't happen eventually
should the bills be passed.