[GeoStL] Re: Curious and I am sure controversial

  • From: "Jen Guyer" <jennifer.guyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 14:41:16 -0800

-
My response came from 3 years of "WHY don't more people atttend?" And the
berating that happens every year because more people don't attend or help.
The thing is, it may be sponsored by the CLUB, but that doesn't mean all the
members of the CLUB chose to put it on or even care about it. Is there a
tick box in the membership thing that says that to be a part of this club
you have to be into MOGA or big events?
And no, I am not a member of this club anymore and haven't been for about 2
years. Because while I enjoy the socialness of geocaching, I also enjoy the
individualness of the hobby. I choose not to feel pressured by what others
think I should be doing. I don't have the time, money, stamina and
commitment, not to mention thick skin,  to do what seems to be expected of
members of this association.

Jen not a high number cacher either because LIFE gets in the way of my
caching.

--
www.geocaching.com
Where YOU are the search engine!